An Easy, Free Step by Step Guide for Beginners about How to Create a Website. You’re only about an hour away from your new website. Small business website, Personal website (or blog), Online store…You can create any of them.
How to Create A Website
In 2021, anyone can construct and create a website without knowing the slightest bit about web improvement, design, or coding.
Regardless of whether you need to create a website for yourself or for your business, you can undoubtedly do that by utilizing the correct apparatuses and resources.
This bit by bit guide will assist you with creating a website from scratch without going through money for freelancers, agencies, or website builders.
All you require is 1-2 hours of your leisure time to complete the guide and create a website of your own.
Things You Need In Order to Create a Website
- Domain name (your custom web address, www.YourSite.com)
- Website hosting (service that hosts your website)
- WordPress (free, commonly used website platform)
To create a website which is completely functional, you’ll need to secure a domain name (web address) and a web hosting account. These two ensure that your website is completely accessible to other people. Without one or another, you will be not able to set up a website.
Once you have a domain and hosting, you can create a WordPress website. WordPress is the most famous website building stage that is being utilized by 35% of the multitude of websites on the Internet.
Setting up a WordPress site is typically a basic, one-click process through your web hosting service.
Once you’ve completed the guide, you’ll have a completely working website on the web, on a custom domain name, and completely accessible by others.
Are you Ready? How about we begin…
Contents of the Post
- Choose a domain name
- Register a domain and sign up with web hosting
- Set up a website using WordPress (through web host)
- Customize your website design and structure
- Add important pages and content
- Set Up a navigation menu
- Add an online store (optional)
Step #1: Choose a Domain Name to Create a Website
In request to construct a website, the absolute first thing you’ll require is a domain name.
The domain name is your website name and address. That address is utilized by guests when they attempt to discover your webpage through their internet browsers.
This current website’s domain name is websitesetup.org. Yours can be anything.
Domain names can cost somewhere in the range of $10 to $50 every year. The standard sticker price is around $15.
If that you haven’t enlisted or picked a domain name for your website, here are a few hints to take care of you:
- In case you’re about to create a website for a business, your domain name should coordinate your organization name. For instance: YourCompanyName.com
- On the off chance that you’re wanting to set up an individual website for yourself, at that point YourName.com can be an incredible alternative.
- Utilize a “conventional” domain name expansion, for example, .com, .net or .organization if your objective is worldwide guests. Utilize a “nearby” domain name augmentation, for example, .de, .fr, or .ru if your objective is nation focused on guests.
Don’t worry if your favored domain name is now taken. There are in excess of 300 million diverse domain names enrolled, however there are a billion different prospects that are as yet accessible.
If you don’t have a domain name yet, there’s no obvious reason to enroll one.
We’ll tell you the best way to get a domain name for nothing for the primary year
Step #2: To Create a Website Get Web Hosting and Register Domain
In expansion to having a domain name, you’ll additionally require website hosting (web hosting).
Web hosting is an assistance that hosts and stores your website records (content) on a safe worker that is consistently going. Without a web have, your webpage won’t be open for others to peruse and peruse.
Moderate and solid web hosting for new websites costs generally between $3 to $10 per month. Not exactly some espresso, yet a significant venture for your website achievement.
Whichever web hosting organization you join with, ensure it has the accompanying highlights:
- FREE domain name with SSL (for security)
- A single tick introduce for WordPress (free)
- Custom email accounts
- Limitless or unmetered transfer speed (no traffic restrictions)
- Customer Support, ideally every minute of every day live visit
If you discover a website hosting that offers everything above, you’ve probably discovered a decent supplier.
We suggest using Bluehost.com for web hosting and domains. They offer free domain enlistment for the main year and getting a domain name and hosting from a similar organization saves you some time and cash.
Bluehost hosting plans start from $3.95/mo with our discount link and offer all the fundamental highlights to create a website.
1) To get a web hosting account, simply visit Bluehost and click on “Get Started Now”.
2) Next, To Create a Website choose your web hosting plan (choice plus is fully unlimited, while basic is best for new sites.
3)Next, choose and register a domain name (free for the first year) to create a Website of yours
Keep as a top priority that Bluehost doesn’t offer country-explicit domain endings, such as.de, .fr, or .ru. On the off chance that you need them, you can purchase these from Domain.com or GoDaddy.com independently.
On the off chance that you as of now have a domain name that you purchased elsewhere, Bluehost permits you to attach it to your new hosting plan. Some extra advances will be required here – like refreshing your name servers. Here’s a guide from Bluehost on the most proficient method to do that.
4) Once you’ve completed your registration process it will take a few minutes to get instant access, so you can start to Create a website right away.
Step #3: Create a Website with WordPress (Through Web Host)
Once you have your domain name and web hosting all set, you’ll need to choose and install a website building stage (otherwise called CMS).
We recommend choosing WordPress since it’s not difficult to utilize and comes with a huge number of free designs and additional items that make your website look proficient and one of a kind.
Setting up your WordPress website is simple, and your web have generally does it for you, so you don’t actually need to get your hands excessively filthy.
If you don’t use Bluehost as a web hosting, don’t stress. Many web hosting suppliers have “WordPress introduce” located some place in the hosting cPanel. In the event that you are managing a web have that doesn’t give “one-click installs”, take a stab at setting up WordPress physically.
1) Installing WordPress Website on Bluehost
1. Sign in to your Bluehost account
2. Click on “My Sites” and afterward on “Create Site”
3. Give some basic data about your site, and the WordPress establishment will begin. It will all occur on autopilot.
4. At the point when the arrangement is done, Bluehost will show you the establishment and login subtleties. Make certain to save this data some place safe.
2) Test Your Website By Typing in Your Domain Address
With WordPress installed, what you ought to do next is test if everything works.
The most straightforward approach to do that is to type in your domain name into the internet browser.
With WordPress correctly introduced, the thing you’ll see is a basic website like this:
In the event that this doesn’t look excessively attractive, don’t stress, you’ll before long figure out how to change the design to something all the more engaging.
3) Verify SSL/HTTPS Settings
To put it plainly, a SSL certificate ensures that your website is conveyed to your guests securely.
Bluehost automatically adds a SSL when you create a website or install WordPress. To check your site’s SSL status, do these means:
1. Sign in to your Bluehost entryway
2. Click on “My Sites”
3. Discover your site and click on “Manage Site”
4. Go to the “Security” tab
5. Under “Security Certificate,” you will locate your “Free SSL Certificate” status.
In the case of everything worked out positively, you should see a lock icon close to your domain name in the internet browser.
It might require a couple of hours before the SSL is set up completely, yet that shouldn’t prevent you from continuing to create a website.
Step #4: Customize Your Website Design and Structure
With your barely active website not perfectly healthy, it’s currently an ideal opportunity to make it feel more like your own by picking a nice design, customizing it, and adding marking components.
1) Choose a Theme to Create a Website of yours
WordPress themes are out-the-container design packages that change the manner in which your whole website resembles. WordPress themes are interchangeable – you can switch various theme without any problem.
Most importantly, there are a huge number of free and paid WordPress themes accessible on the web.
If you need to get a free topic – which is the place where a great many people like to begin – the best place to go is the official subject directory at WordPress.org. Particularly, the section for the most mainstream themes.
All themes you see there have demonstrated to be of incredible quality and have huge client bases behind them.
You are allowed to peruse that rundown and pick any subject you fancy yet to speed things up for you in this guide, we recommend Neve. It’s an adaptable topic that comes with a modest bunch of starter sites (design packages for various niches and kinds of websites).
We will utilize that subject in this guide going ahead
2) Install the Theme You Like to Create a Website
Go to your WordPress administrator interface. You can discover it at YOURSITE.com/wp-administrator. Utilize the username and secret key you got during WordPress installation.
- From the sidebar, go to “Themes → Add New.”
2. In the search box, type in “Neve” and click on the “Install” button close to the theme’s name:
3. After the installation is done, click on the “Activate” button that will show up in place of the “Introduce” button.
4.You’ll see a success message, which tells you that the installation went true to form.
3) Import a Design (Only for Neve Theme Users)
Although the subject is active now, there are a couple more things you ought to do to make it look right.
You’ll see this welcome message:
One of the incredible things about Neve is that you get one design with it, however an entire scope of various designs that you can pick from. Click on the huge blue catch to see them.
There are in excess of 20 designs accessible for nothing, and they cover the vast majority of the well known website niches, similar to business, eatery, wellness, music, food, wedding, photography, eCommerce, portfolio, and then some. Basically, regardless of what the topic of your site may be, you’ll discover a design package that fits.
With the end goal of this guide, we’ll pick the first on the rundown – called “Original.”
You’ll notice that this installation process deals with all the components you’ll require on your site – you get the actual design, all the modules needed to make it work, and furthermore demo content that you can later alter.
Click on the “Import” catch to get everything moving. Following a moment or something like that, you’ll see the success message.
Then, go to “Appearance → Neve Options” to perceive how else you can manage the topic.
We’re going to explore some of these options below:
4) Add a Logo
The first thing that most users need to do is upload their logo and have it shown in the upper left corner of the site. How about we do that at this point.
You can DIY a logo. Here are a portion of the instruments you can use to create a logo yourself.
Once you have a logo prepared, you can add it to your site. Go to “Appearance → Neve Options” and click on the link marked “Upload Logo.”
Here’s what you’ll get:
This interface is called the WordPress Customizer, and it permits you to alter different aspects of your website’s appearance. First off, you can upload your logo. To do that, click on the “Select Logo” button that is close to the upper left corner.
WordPress will give you an alternative to crop the logo, however you can avoid that.
You should see your logo in the corner of the page quickly.
Furthermore, you can choose on the off chance that you need to show the site name and slogan close by the logo, and set the maximum width of the logo. Analysis with these settings and pick what turns out best for you.
Click on the “Publish” button when done (the upper left corner), and afterward click on the “X” catch to leave the Customizer.
5) Change the Website Color Scheme and Fonts
Another thing you can explore different avenues regarding is changing the color schemes and fonts utilized on the site. As you’re figuring out how to create a website, this is a simple fix to make your site more extraordinary and more on top of your brand identity.
- To start, go to “Appearance → Neve Options” once more. We will focus on the accompanying two choices:
2. To begin with, click on “Set Colors.”
3. Most WordPress themes are characterized by the color scheme they use for different components of the design.
4. Most commonly, those are colors of the links, messages on the site, and backgrounds.
5. You can change the color tasks for the Neve topic through the Customizer.
6. To switch any of the colors, simply click on it and pick another color.
- Click on “Publish” and “X” when you’re done.
Changing fonts works likewise:
1. Click on the “Customize Fonts” link in the “Appearance → Neve Options” panel.
2. Neve allows you to pick from an entire catalog of framework fonts and Google Fonts.
3. Simply click on the “Textual style Family” box and select the textual style you like.
- From that point onward, you can calibrate the individual fonts utilized for your headings.
Test with these settings to see the effect they have on your site.
- To customize the textual style utilized for the body section of your site, click on the bolt button close to the upper left
2. Click on “General.” This will take you to a comparable choices panel, yet this time you’re changing the fundamental body text style.
3. Click on “Publish” and “X” when done.
6) Add a Sidebar
Something else you can do in the “Appearance → Neve Options” panel is set how you’d like your sidebar to look. Click on “Content/Sidebar” to start.
You have three primary alternatives here: no sidebar, sidebar to one side, or sidebar to one side. The sidebar to the privilege is the classic design for most websites. You can likewise set the content width. Subsequent to doing your changes, click on “Publish” and “X.”
7) Add Widgets (Free WordPress Add-Ons)
Widgets are those little content blocks that normally show up in websites’ sidebars. Since we’ve quite recently set the sidebar in the past advance, we should now customize it with widgets.
To configure widgets, go to “Appearance → Widgets.” You’ll see this:
On the left, you can see all the widgets accessible; and on the right, there are largely the widget regions upheld by your current subject. To add a widget to the sidebar, you should simply get the widget from the left and intuitive it onto the sidebar region.
For instance, on the off chance that you need to list every one of your pages in the sidebar, snatch the “Pages” widget and drag it onto the sidebar section. You can likewise configure some basic settings of the widget.
8) Experiment With the Theme You Built
What we’ve covered above will be sufficient for you to sort out some way to create a website that sticks out and looks unique, however there are a lot more choices accessible.
To see them all, go to “Appearance → Customize.” This will start up the fundamental interface of the Customizer with every one of its settings and presets.
We encourage you to browse what’s accessible there and play around with a portion of the alternatives. You’ll probably unearth some customizations we haven’t discussed here.
Step #5: Add Content/Pages to Your Website
Pages are the essence of your website. It’s difficult to envision a website with no pages on it, isn’t that so?
From a technical perspective, a page is only a document on the web. It’s not totally different from your customary Word document separated from it having your website’s marking elements such as the header and footer.
It is difficult to create website pages in WordPress. Be that as it may, before we get into the how-to, how about we discuss what pages you ought to create in any case.
Most websites will locate the accompanying pages fundamental:
- Homepage – it’s the primary page that your visitors see when they go to your website
- About page – a page clarifying what is the issue here
- Contact page – a page allowing visitors to contact you
- Blog page – a posting of your latest blog posts; in case you’re not anticipating blogging, you can use the blog page as a place for your company news and announcements
- Services page – if the website you’re building is for a business, use this page to showcase your services
- Shop page – for companies that need to launch an eCommerce store
Large numbers of the pages above will be fundamentally the same as in structure – the solitary difference being the content on the actual page. Basically, once you figure out how to create one page, you’ll realize how to create them all. With that, there is some nuance here, so we should now cover how to create a couple of basic sorts of pages:
1) Creating a Homepage
If you’re using Neve theme, your homepage might look something like this:
You can edit the structure of this page just as the elements on it (all writings and pictures).
To do that, simply click on the “Edit with Elementor” button in the top bar.
What you might see is the Interface of the Elementor page builder
Elementor is the thing that we call a visual page builder. This implies that you can click any component that you see on the page and alter it directly. For instance, on the off chance that you need to change the principle feature, simply click on it and begin composing.
Other Features of Home Page
If you look at the left sidebar, there’s an entire customization panel there. You can change the structure and the styling of any content block. For instance, this is what you can see when chipping away at the feature:
Another cool thing is that you can take hold of any component on the page, and simplified it elsewhere.
To add new elements, click on the little square icon in the upper left corner.
You’ll see a rundown of the relative multitude of content blocks accessible.
Snatch any of the blocks and drag it onto the page’s canvas.
The most ideal approach to chip away at your homepage is to go block by block and alter the demo content that is on the page.
Type in new content, realign a portion of the blocks, erase the ones you don’t need, and add new ones accordingly.
This entire interface is very instinctive to use, so go through an hour or so utilizing it and exploring different avenues regarding various things.
2) Create Pages Such as “About”, “Services”, “Contact”
Creating classic pages is considerably simpler to do in WordPress than chipping away at your homepage. Go into “Pages → Add New.” You’ll see this interface:
Each page needs a title, so start by adding one where it says “Add a title.” For instance, “About Us” or “Contact.”
Then, pick a page layout. In case you’re creating a standard page, you can go with the first on the rundown – “Single Row.” But to speed things up, you can choose from the format library. For that, click on the blue catch.
You’ll see a window allowing you to pick from a scope of pre-made page sections. In case you’re chipping away at your about page, for instance, you can quickly discover and use the accompanying blocks:
Simply click on the “Insert” button close to the block you like, and it will be added to the page. From that point, you can additionally customize it, change the writings, or replace pictures.
Finishing the Website pages
At the point when you’re done, click on the “Publish” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
You can follow a similar process when dealing with your contact page or services page also.
Simply pick distinctive page blocks from the layout library. For instance, these should work incredible on a services page:
If you need to add new page elements by hand – rather than utilizing the formats – click on the “+” icon that is in the upper left corner of the manager interface.
Any block you select there will be added at the lower part of your page. This is what another passage block resembles:
As should notice, you can edit it openly, change the properties of the content, in addition to there are color settings in the correct sidebar.
As usual, make sure to click on “Publish” when you’re done.
3) Create a Blog Page
Creating a blog page is as important as to create a website. The blog page is the place where the posting of your latest blog posts can be found.
Fortunately the blog page has just been created for you. This happened when you introduced WordPress and the Neve topic. You can see that page by going to “Pages”:
Click on the “View” link to see your blog page in action.
Adding new blog posts:
To add new blog posts, just go to Go to “Posts → Add New.”
Does this interface help you to remember anything? Truly, this is the very altering climate that we used while creating standard pages. Simple!
Step #6: Set Up a Navigation Menu
With a scope of gorgeous pages created, the subsequent stage in our journey to how to create a website is to set up your route (a website menu). The menu is the thing that your visitors will use to go from page to page on your site.
Go to “Appearance → Menus,” and from that point, click on “create a new menu.”
Here’s how to create your first menu step by step:
1. Start by adding a title. The menu title doesn’t actually make a difference, however it assists with recognizing your menu among different menus (indeed, you can have mutiple).
2. Select the pages to be added to your menu. You can likewise add different things to the menu – like posts or custom links.
3. Click on the “Add to Menu” catch to add the selected pages to your menu.
4. Intuitive menu things to orchestrate the links arranged by importance.
5. Select a menu show location. This contrasts from subject to topic, in this case, set your menu to the “Primary” location will show the menu in the header.
6. In conclusion, save your menu.
At this stage, you’ll see your menu on the homepage that would be attractive.
Step #7: Add an Online Store/eCommerce
The exact last thing we’ll do in this guide is to make ourselves an online store. As we did to create a website.
In the event that you wish to add an online store to your recently created website, follow this bit by bit instructional exercise here.
This is clearly not something that all websites require, so don’t hesitate to avoid this progression if eCommerce isn’t something you need to find yourself mixed up with.
How WordPress eCommerce Works
With WordPress being such an adaptable website stage, it’s nothing unexpected that it can allow you to construct a completely functional eCommerce online store. By completely functional, we imply that you can list quite a few products, make them ready to move, and afterward likewise collect requests from customers and even handle all duty and transportation related elements of the entire process.
This is completely done with a module called WooCommerce.
WooCommerce is the most famous, generally functional, and honestly the best eCommerce answer for WordPress.
We have an entire separate guide on the most proficient method to get WooCommerce running on your WordPress website. We welcome you to bounce over yonder and read a nitty gritty installation how-to. Follow Steps 3 and 4 and afterward come back here.
… Okay, so with WooCommerce introduced on your site and products included your catalog, you’ll notice that, in the process, new pages have been created by WooCommerce automatically. Those pages are:
- “Cart” – your store’s shopping cart
- “Checkout” – the checkout page where customers can complete their purchases
- “My account” – each customer’s profile; holds past requests, current subtleties, and other individual data; the customer can generally alter their information
- “Shop”/”Products” – the fundamental shop page – the one where your products are recorded.
Each of these pages fills a specific need for your store and its functionality. Fortunately most themes these days are improved to make those pages look right. The Neve subject is the same. On the off chance that you visit any of these new pages, you’ll see that the introduction is clear and everything is not difficult to get a handle on. Here’s an illustration of the shopping cart page:
How WooCommerce Works
Aside from that, every one of these pages work like some other page on your WordPress website. This implies that you can alter them, add your own elements, or change things like colors, layouts, etc. Yet, when you’re doing this, be careful not to eradicate the WooCommerce shortcodes that are as of now there.
You’ll additionally notice another cart icon on the fundamental menu of your site.
At this stage, your eCommerce store is completely operational. This implies that your customers can come in and do their shopping. You’ll see their requests in the WordPress administrator zone under “WooCommerce → Orders.”